investigation finished on august 2nd but no decision yet

Depending on who your client is…that is longer than most. Typically I submit a package, I get a response that day saying it is logged in. After 2 months the BI is assigned and initiated. That normally takes 4 to 5 months: credit, crim, civil court, driving, etc. It also may include interviews with references, school records, neighbors etc. If you lived in many places or overseas that naturally can take a lot longer as the overall investigation may be investigated by a few field offices. After your interview, the investigator is putting all of that together, scoping anything developed along the way, etc. Yours may be difficult due to foreign connections, where you lived, a common name easily confused, extensive credit issues or medication issues…many variables. But I would surmise you are about through. I had very few, countable on one hand, take this long for an initial. A re-investigation can run up to 3 years. But you remain in access doing the job. After all the pieces are put together and reviewed in the BI chain, it goes to adjudication. It can be quick or slow based on how complex the info is. Were there any extenuating circumstances you care to comment on, if comfortable?