Is My Clearance Active or Inactive? Help?!

Good morning. I am a Security Supervisor and Assistant Account Manager with 16 years in the Security industry. From 2014 to 2017 I worked at a Defense Facility site with my Security company where I was able to apply and acquire a Secret Clearance from the DoD. I was promoted by my site supervisor to another site in the summer of 2017. I haven’t been active at that site since and my clearance is supposed to expire in 2024. I am currently using the site to search and apply for jobs to no avail. My question is, because I have no idea how to find the answer, is my clearance still active? Has it expired before the expiration date? Anyone who actually knows the answer or can tell me how to find the answer please let me know. Thank you.

You need to ask your employer’s security office. Even though you are not using your clearance right now, they may still be sponsoring you to keep it active.

One time I left a defense contractor to go into the commercial sector. That came to a screeching halt and I was “between jobs” for a time before landing another defense contractor job. Found out that the previous employer had never ‘terminated’ my clearance so I was able to get picked up right away by the new company. Not sure that would still work today…