My first IC Clearance

I just want someone to hold my hand and say that my timeline is in the normal range. And maybe make an educated guess about what happens next.
My COE from an IC agency was in May 2018, met my BI in June, did poly and medical in October.
In February, my contact person said that things were in progress and all I needed to do for now is wait.
I don’t have any big complications or surprises in my background.
So am I normal? What’s probably next?

1 Like

Sounds about right, I started earlier and still waiting, had all the steps pretty quick after submittal, and now…the wait

3 Likes

Whatever you do, don’t put much faith in the recruiter when they give you a timeframe. I was told by my recruiter I only had a few months left and that was over a year ago. It’s hard but try not to think about it too much it just makes things worse. My process started almost a year before yours and now all I get is the recruiters voicemail and no response for a good while now.

2 Likes

Much agreed with hawk here.

Doesn’t sound like a Virginia agency considering you met with BI before poly/medical, but I am coming up on two years since my poly, having been assigned to HR people who are increasingly less likely to pick up.

If you’re particularly skilled or lucky? I’d say you have another 5 months. Unlucky? 18 more months. Could never hear back, actually. That’s just the nature of these things.

The best thing to do is assume that you won’t get it, move on, live your life, take job offers when they come/keep looking for meaningful work. If it comes it doesn’t, if not oh well.

1 Like

Thanks. I find this simultaneously encouraging and discouraging. But it’s nice to know our experience is typical.