400+ days candidates, how are you holding up?

I am approaching 440 days since I accepted the COE from an IC agency. My POC at the agency said that my security clearance is still “ongoing” and nothing has changed. I am excited that it is likely that I will be contacted any moment now with my EOD.

How is everyone else holding up?

TS/SCI Timeline:
September 2016: Job application submitted
November 2016: Interviewed
December 2016: COE Accepted
January 2017: SF-86 Submitted
February 2017: Medical & Psychological Examination
March 2017: Credit Check
April 2017: Interview with BI. References Contacted
December 2017: Polygraph

My timeline is somewhat similar to yours, and we both had poly(s) in December. I am at 410 days. Looking forward to moving forward regardless of the news. Kind of feel locked down with all the waiting (aren’t we all) but trying to stay positive like you. It has been an interesting process though. Best of luck and hope to hear you announce your EOD soon!

Waiting over a year to take the poly seems atypical… I wonder if it means that part of the clearance process is backlogged? Anyway, you can almost reset your clearance clock at the last event, so instead of saying you’ve been waiting over a year, try to think of it as waiting only about 3-4 months :wink: if that helps

walkers got their SC. lot of good it did , people died due to bad investigation system

Might not want to be too excited. I am sitting at almost 1,100 days since accepting my CoE. My investigation is also ongoing and nothing has changed. And hasn’t for about 18 months. Not to say that will happen to you, but it might. Don’t wait on them and live your life.

My previous employment was negatively affected. Then I realized that it makes no sense to tell employers or worry about having to leave a job early.

Now my current employers don’t know that I am processing for anything and I am not planning around the COE so it doesn’t really affect my current job. For all I know it could be another year before I hear back, if it ever happens, and I might not be at my current job at that point for some other reason. No sense in telling them or in worrying that I might have to leave some day.

Just pretend it is not happening and assume your career has to go on without this COE ever coming to fruition.

Yeah, sorry to hear that.

In my case, I switched jobs for normal career reasons right after the BI was completed. I informed the government each time my employment has changed, but it seems that when it happens after the BI, they do not go and question the new employers.

I guess I still have some days before catching up to you. I am at 378 and I know that is sounding low. Its sad how crazy it is taking! I just want to go to work! My dead end job I am working at right now is driving me crazy.

1 Like

703 days since the start of processing my SF86
655 days since FS Poly
325 days since personal security interview.
2nd Interview scheduled here in a few weeks.

LONG wait and I’m already cleared at the SCI level through DoD so no, reciprocity in my case has not sped anything up.

I guess this is my fate…Once the NBIB gets done with the interviewing part it will go to DOD. I heard as of late its like a black hole!

22 months since COE. 660 days or so I guess, give or take. TS/SCI and Single-Scope
06/2016 COE, SF-86, Fingerprints
08/2016 Polygraph on-site
09/2016 Friend interviewed
2/2017 BI interview, local friends contacted
05/2017 More info on medical background requested, returned info to them
Nothing since then

I haven’t even updated work info to them. I started working part-time after the BI interview that February, then switched part-time jobs about two months ago again. Emailed my applicant adviser today asking what the process is if I get an EOD and I’m in graduate school at the time and want to finish the degree, since I’ve applied and been accepted to a masters program.

I am an older first-time security clearance applicant for an intel analyst position with an IC agency. I first applied online in November 2015. I did the poly and security interview in October 2016 and then my BI started in December 2016. I’d like to know if anyone has a similar experience and also if it is reasonable to call my POC every few months to check in on my status.

Can’t speak to your exact scenario, but when it takes YEARS to get a clearance, I think HR is fine with you checking in every now and again to make sure you didn’t miss something.

Any updates? I know its been 25 days since you made this post.

No new updates. 460 days :frowning:

1 Like

I feel for you man! This Friday will mark 400 days for me! I just want my clearance to go defend this country! ARGHHH!

hi
august 2016 was interviewed by December 2016 all my references contacted and file went up
and on november2017 an sor was sent to me to fill up and on February contacted by an attorney
that she will will send me a package to bring to hearing now 04/18 nothing being sent and just waiting who to contact ? what to do?

You have a hearing scheduled for 4/18 and you don’t have a copy of the government’s case? Show up at the hearing and tell the judge that they have not provided you with documentation of the issues being presented against you.

Better yet . . . Show up with a lawyer . . .

1 Like

I interviewed for a IC position in Feb. 2015 and received a COE in April 2015. Already completed BI (2016) , poly/phych stuff (2015). I last had to send some information in October 2017. Tick tock tick tock :slight_smile: Good luck to the rest of you guys still waiting.

1 Like

Today marks my 400 day! I am finally in the club! I cannot believe I am saying this! Well, I guess soon you will have to make a 500+ club!