NBIB transition to DCSA

Actually, DoD is also an actual agency. Don’t ask me… it is dizzy to even contemplate on it.

Interesting enough, some of us are taught to say that DoD is our employer rather than saying the agency’s name. DoD agencies sure do like to get cute with names.

Ah okay, my mistakenthen

Just curious if anyone has received their DCSA creds yet? I received an email this morning that my creds are arriving in a couple of days. Also, any notable changes in casework with the switch over?

I got mine last week. Haven’t seen much of a change in case work

2 Likes

Which vendor are you with??? Thats a great sign

Which vendor are you with?

Here’s a dumb question: will it still be called NBIB even though it will be under a DoD organization? I guess the “National Center for Credibility Assessment” or whatever they call the polygraph school is under a DoD agency.

Oh nice. I accepted an offer and hoping to come in the same capacity

1 Like

Same here. I’ve had 3 T3’s in two weeks.
Called today and was told still no work in my AO.

NBIB and DSS ceased to exist. DCSA is the DoD organization that absorbed all of NBIB’s staff, work, processes, and contractors.

1 Like

We have to identify ourselves as, "Hello, my name is Special Investigator James Bond (example) retained by the United States Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency. I really hope they change it to allow us to identify that we are retained by the Department of Defense…

1 Like

I am with a prime contractor. We were told 45-60 days, expect no work. No expense reports are to be approved, no bonuses and company is cutting costs everywhere. I feel we are the violin players on the titanic.

Same things happening elsewhere? Does anyone have any solid information about when the cases will be released?

Many teams at CACI are on LWOP if no work is assigned to them. It’s literally a day to day basis if an FI will be assigned work or not. So nothing positive - yet - has come out of this transition. Time will tell…

Any word from the full-time FI’s over at Perspecta and SCIS?

Perspecta or CACI? ugh This transition is so frustrating for us work horses on the ground!

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Would you mind saying which company?

No trouble over at Perspecta as far as workload goes

Really? That’s great. Or is it just in your specific area

All good in my area. I can’t speak for other areas, but then again I don’t really know any investigators outside my area that I could talk to lol. A couple weeks ago my workload was pretty sparse and I was kind of getting worried, but right now I have plenty to keep me busy.

It will never happen. If you’re not prior military, forget it.

I saw a Perspecta FI today. He said he has plenty of work. Must be nice. The rest of us are going down the drain. If DOD doesn’t open the floodgates of work quickly, a lot of Investigators will leave soon. I can’t stay much longer. This is a terrible way to be treated after years of working your tail off.