Perspecta became Peraton

Perspecta became Peraton today. Investigators were shipped a box of Peraton gifts. (coffee cup, lanyard, hand sanitizer, face mask, etc.) One of the most interesting things in the package was a device that you can stick onto your laptop that can cover your laptop camera. It came with a rah rah security card and instructions touting the dangers of cybersecurity threats and how Peraton was prepared to defend against them. If you slide the window on this camera cover device open the words “CHINA” are clearly visible. Several of the other items (lanyards, badge pull, etc. ) have “made in China” clearly visible as well. Is Peraton trying to create or prevent national security threats? Just a thought…maybe sending all your employees Chinese made trinkets you expect them to use on the job is not a good first start to a national security defense contractor??? 30 years in the military/defense industry and this is kind of a disappointing start.

2 Likes

It’s the thought that counts!! I understand that SCIS thanked a bunch of their Investigators with poor performance appraisals. Even the good ones.

1 Like

Such a shame about their treadmill recalls, they looked pretty nice. Might try one of their bikes one of these days.

3 Likes

You mean Pelaton bikes? Or were making a funny?

1 Like

It’s no joke. https://www.peraton.com/

1 Like

Hopefully no Made-in-China flash drives with a Peraton logo :slight_smile: :imp: :thinking:

4 Likes

Not yet…but there was a label on the outside of the package that said “Warning Cancer and Reproductive Harm” Very strange. I am wondering which one of the items is going to give me Cancer.

2 Likes

Just making a lame joke.

Wait, SCIS, Paragon, Peraton, Perspect, Keypoint, S2tech?? Who is who now?

1 Like

Makes you wonder why they have to change names every 3 years. At least USIS kept the same name for 21 yrs.

1 Like

before Keypoint Government Services, they were part of Kroll.

Speaking of the contractors, any word when DCSA will hand out awards for BI work? That usually happens around this time of the year, no?

They were jerks back then too.

1 Like

i remember that also.

1 Like

I know, the hypocrisy! Not only are the Chinese Trinkets disappointing, but so is the corporate culture which is a slave-like environment. Giving you more work than you can handle with little time to work it, working 5 different contracts and then asked the next month to explain your late ACDs

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter, they’re all part of the same 7-headed dragon.

1 Like

I refuse to work more than 3 different contracts. If they want competent timely work I don’t let them spread me so thin I am unable to do so. “Jack of all trades master of none.” I was hired as a OPM/NBIB/DCSA investigator.

I strangely loved doing NBIB/DCSA work, I never stressed about the cases. Once I started working multiple contracts, especially intel stuff, that’s when I started to hate things lol

You must be someone that enjoys cruel and unusual punishment or someone that enjoys fetishes like bondage to enjoy that contract.

I’d rather do 50 DCSA cases than one IC case

1 Like