Public trust clearance timeline

Not everyone filling out an SF86 is seeking a clearance. The SF 86 is used for medium to high risk positions (such as BI contract investigators). An IT person in DHS probably is classed as a critical position and would require a T5 (with adjudication)— even if they don’t get the clearance/access.

2 Likes

Here’s my experience to date, in case this helps anyone.

2019-04 or 05: Offered and accepted a job with a contractor for CBP. Filled out a lot of forms for the contractor company and did a drug screen.

2019-05-09: completed E-QIP, SF85P

2091-06 : Had to re-do the E-Qip per instructions from a CBP person. I had filled out the employment section without separate addresses for supervisors, because instructions said to fill out that part only if the supervisors’ addresses were different from the employers’, which they were not. But the email instructed that because of location and supervisor changes of the job, I had to complete those sections (I put the same address as for the employer, to be accurate).

2019-07 or 08: Interview with investigator. This was just going over all the SF85P questions, and giving more explanations, plus a few more questions.

2019-08, interview with another investigator based on what references had said in interviews. This investigator said there was no problem, it was routine, but expressed surprise at the previous need for corrections. She also said my investigation process was nearly complete.

2019-09, additional followup phone call from a third investigator, asking for an explanation of SF85P item

Nothing since then (now writing at 2019-09-11). The second investigator said adjudication for CBP goes faster than for some other agencies, but no specifics.

I am still hoping for this job but may have to take something else to make a living in the meantime!

BTW there’s nothing obviously bad in my background - no crimes, bankruptcies, foreign contacts etc… The worst as far as I can tell is a DOB discrepancy and quitting one job where the supervisor was trying to get rid of me (though my evals were OK, and no misconduct).

Hi,
Greeting!
So it took about a month before you get your eqip email? Thank you for sharing the info!

I wonder if anyone has any other recent updates? anyone?

What was your timeline from submitting eqip to getting opr notification and getting your eod ?