Question on Foreign Passports

Sorry

Investigator kept picking on me having dual citizenship. Nothing else. Will all this investigation go to the backlog? I won’t be allowed to apply a Federal job

Other, I have kept very good background/maintenance in all area.

It’s simple. If you want a federal job that requires any level of clearance, you have to go through a background investigation. You withdrew your application and stopped the process. If you apply for another job that requires clearance, the conditions will be the same, you have to go through a background investigation. If you can find a job that doesn’t require clearance, apply for it and see what happens. Lastly, investigator wasn’t “picking” on you. Investigators follow rules and regulations, and treat dual citizenships the same for everyone else. Having a dual citizenship raises a question of loyalty and allegiance. Background investigation can get pretty personal and you signed the paperwork agreeing to the process. You can’t be picky and choose what you want to discuss. It’s odd you decided to stop the moment they asked you about your citizenship status. You are not the first and you are not the last person going through an investigation as a dual citizen. Clearance is a privilege, not a right. You cannot get one on your terms. If you don’t like the process or the idea, don’t apply for jobs that require a background investigation.

3 Likes

The consequence run the other way. I had open mind to disclose my status with my investigator. Respectively, I withdrew at early stage and informed Agency by email in August. Following numerous calls received.

I am living a responsible life. “Whole person” picture matters.

Not to work with this Agency. I understand it will go through again in the future for a clearance job.

Probably I should disclose the evidence to office of security management; I do not want to work for this Agency. I keep telling to myself, move on.

*** No one would give up privacy and little liberty for fun. ***. I am not perfect getting old over 50. Not intend asking question repeating.

Thanks for your expertise and kindness. I stop here