Secret Security Clearance Done. Never got the start date from Agency

Good afternoon,

I am a new bee here. Late in the last October, I got an email from my agency that my security has been cleared and they are working on the start date. Now it is March 2020 still I did not get any start date from them.

My question is can I use the cleared Security clearance any way in shape or form? Can I mention my Secret Security clearance is Active? Do I have to work for them ONLY meaning once I start working for them only the clearance will be active?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I’d like to know that too. My understanding is you have to actually start working for them to get “read on” - before that you actually don’t have a clearance. At least that’s what happened to me, fully adjudicated but didn’t get read on, hence no clearance.

Correct, you are not “read on” and do not have ACCESS but you should have ELIGIBILITY. Just hope that whatever agency you are talking about entered the results of the investigation into JPAS/DISS or someplace where a contractor or other agency can see it.

Thanks for the reply.

Clearancejobs.com says the following to register.

MY SECURITY CLEARANCE IS APPROVED (CURRENT), BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN A START DATE AT MY NEW JOB?

Candidates who have received final security clearance but have not yet started the job that requires the clearance are eligible to register on ClearanceJobs. Please include this in the Clearance Notes section of your ClearanceJobs profile.

So little confused but I checked with my Agency and they told me to use active clearance on my resume. Just spoke to them couple of hours ago.

Thanks

In my case the agency that did the investigation for which I received adjudication did not enter anything into SC because the contractor who wanted to sponsor me for the TS looked into SC and did not find anything under my name, it’s like nothing ever happened: not the BI, passed poly, completed adjudication, nothing.