Should I be worried about additional processing?

Hello,

I took my polygraph in December and was nervous the entire time. Even after answering truthfully, my examiner questioned my honesty. My examiner said that I did fine and would be brought back for a 2nd polygraph test but was unable to reschedule a date due to no open slots. I received an email saying "Per security your file is requiring additional processing and I don’t know if I should be worried or if this is part of the process. I fear that something will go left just due to how long this process has been. I officially got the offer back in July '22, graduated college in December '22, and still going through security clearance. Should I be worried about the additional processing or is this normal during this process?

I used to work for a contractor and some programs required polygraphs. This “additional processing” was not unusual, however, it did tend to slow things down. Sometimes it resulted in the individual going in for a security interview in addition to the polygraph and any meeting they may have already had with the investigator working their case.

Or it could be something else entirely…

2 Likes

Thank you for telling me this. I worried at times that this delay means that something is not going right when that may not be the case. It has already been 6 months so this to slow it down some more just makes me a little scared. I appreciate you telling me this