Unadjudicated information

I’m currently a contractor supporting the agency using TS/SCI FSP. My company recently lost the contract and I signed a contingent offer with the new prime. I was told by the prime that they could not do the crossover and told me to talk to my company FSO. My FSO contacted the customer and the only answer was my 2018 reinvestigation was submitted but not completed and the term was (unadjudicated information). I signed up with a another company on a different contract and the crossover was also denied. I don’t know what the reason is but no one will tell me anything other than it’s almost done. My understanding is the new prime can’t do an reinvestigation if the crossover does not happen. This is frustrating since there are only a few weeks left in the transition and I would need to leave the agency altogether.
My only option now is to find a TS or TS with only SCI job but not sure if that will be able to transfer. Very frustrating with the unknown.

Based on what you wrote I would say it won’t happen. If the new prime can’t bring your clearance over, I don’t see how anyone could. Based on what you wrote, you should have even been able to work with the old prime.

As someone with personal experience, I can say that crossovers are not consistent. Some people can get them instantly, others (like me) not so much. Unfortunately there’s real no way around it aside from doing the investigation over again or finding an employer with the exact same customer. Reciprocity is still very much a broken system IMO, there’s a lot of established studies showing how it’s negatively affecting cleared personnel to fill critical National security positions, yet not much is done to mitigate. Take as old as time.

If my company had rewon the contract, most likely I would stay on without needing to crossover.

Trust me, i know the feeling well on this issue. “Adjudicated information” can be a career killer depending on if you left job, Contract was lost, etc… before that info is adjudicated.
It is really unprofessional to leave someone in that limbo and made me realize just how unprofessional the IC can be. I can empathize with you. Unfortunately, In my experience is that if you are not working, or under an already started PR, then Adjudicated info will require some luck.

The new prime should not need to do a crossover though.

So that means your periodic reinvestigation is still out there hanging?

I was in the same boat and it took three years to get it finally adjudicated. I was able to keep working on the contract for the customer that whole time. But some other people in the same situation couldnt even get their clearances passed to another facility. I went on a job interview while I was in limbo, they could not even see where the investigation had been completed, just that the old one had lapsed.

I guess you need to find somebody who can put you to work on other stuff while this thing works its way through the system.

PR is still open in process and has not been adjudicated.