"Unadjudicated Information"

I know this question has kind of already been asked before but I’m still confused. I’m trying to move from one contract to another and I currently hold a TS/SCI FSP for my current position and the recruiter for the new position just informed me that my crossover was denied due to “unadjudicated information” and could not provide any more details. I’m not that knowledgeable with the security process because I’ve always just relied on the security officers to take care of things. I would always give them any information they needed, and they somehow made everything work thus far.

So my questions are, what does “unadjudicated information” mean exactly? Is there a way to resolve this issue without having to start a brand new background investigation? If its not a suitability issue, why do they refuse to provide any info so that you can easily resolve it? Don’t they want the best candidates for the jobs?

I apologize for my ignorance in all of this. Like I said I usually rely on the company security officers to resolve everything. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I’m a really good fit for the position and the customer is really annoyed that they can’t get me even though I’ve been in the IC for 10+ years.

“Unadjudicated Information” means that there is something on your open on your clearance in Scattered Castles. The first thing you should you do is file a privacy act request for your records with DNI. What this will do is give you a physical copy of your clearance record in Scattered Castles. The record should have “Non-Adjudicated Record” in red text at the top of the record. There you will see what agency it falls under and potenially why you have unadjudicated information. If you are currently employed, take this to your FSO and hopefully they will be able to resolve the issue.

While you have unadjudicated information in your record, your clearance cannot crossover to any new positions.

1 Like

This happened to me and I had to find another sponsor for my FSP. That took 6 months and then once the new sponsor started the background investigation and the polygraph/medical/psych screening that took another 10 months. The customer would not tell me anything at all just that I need a new background investigation before I could work for them as a contractor. I never did find out what the unadjudicated information was on my file. I just moved on and started over.

2 Likes

I was going to say this has been reported by more than a few people over the years but @Sara_Combs beat me to it with a first hand account.

1 Like

Wow that kind of sucks. I hear finding a sponsor can be tough.

Thank you for the reply. I think I may have figured it out. It turns our that my current company just barely started the process to do a periodic reinvestigation for me. Do you think that maybe that’s why the crossover request came back as that? Like did it see that my clearance was undergoing reinvestigation and couldn’t be approved?

Me too. It was my FSP since i passed one but was on a job that didn’t require a poly at all.

This was a problem for me a few years back: my investigation was out of date. The reinvestigation was underway, so our customer was happy (I was still active/in access) but other agencies only saw the out of date investigation. Around that time we were having problems passing clearances for people to attend meetings.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how long the reinvestigation process takes? It never matter to me before because the last one happened when I wasn’t looking to crossover to another customer.

In my case (from around 2016-18 or so) it wasnt so much the investigation but the adjudication. That customer had a massive backlog of adjudications. Since I was still cleared/active (at least for their programs) my case went to the bottom of the pile after first time applicants and direct-hire government types. There were a few of us trapped in this but eventually everyone got their final adjudication.

I know it sounds ominous, but it really is neutral. Most likely a reinvestigation started…as soon as that happened no other aency knows what info the reinvestigation may have pulled up. Unless an adjudicator reviewed it, blessed it…it hasn’t been adjudicated. In these cases we would then complete 2 SF86s, they would do a quick “no, no, no” check on the have you ever section…if nothing there, they could clear the applicant. The problem is if the originating agency is slow, inefficient or forgets they opened the reinvestigation…you are stuck. Saw it many times but was fortunate to have tge former chief of clearances for the agency as my government COR. Learned so very much from her.