Waiting for CAC

I was recently hired and my FSO told me I should wait a week to get an email for details regarding my ICAM application and details to pickup my CAC. My FSO stated because of the holidays it may be delayed and I should wait until the end of this week or next week because of the holidays. I should have heard back three days ago, but haven’t heard back anything. However, I am concerned that it may be delayed as whoever is reviewing my application may have seen something adverse they do not approve of.

I have had a high risk public trust and have an active secret clearance but have never had a CAC or worked for the DoD.

Relax and enjoy the holidays.
When most people come back from vacations, things will pick back up.

You have a clearance, so getting the CAC is a formality…

2 Likes

As stated above, just relax and no worries, usually a trusted agent and sponsor have to complete it and the FSO just list some security clearance info. Once most people are back from time off and can sign off, its on the way

If you think this delay is bad - wait until you see how long appointments are booked out once you receive your approval/clear to book appointment email…(location dependent of course)

as others have mentioned - you already have a clearance, your TASS just has to be processed at a couple of different levels.

1 Like