When does the clock start ticking?

I applied for a job with DoS on July 2, 2020
I received a CJO on July 29, 2020
I was finger printed August 5, 2020
I was denied Interim on September 2, 2020
I was investigated/interviewed September 18, 2020
I was told my file went to the DoD Adjudicator on October 23, 2020
I haven’t heard a thing since then.

So, if it takes 108 days for a clearance to go through, on average. When does that clock start? eQip? SF86 filing? Finger printing? And does that 108 days count weekends and holidays or just business days?

From the time I filed my eQuip to today it’s been 184 calendar days, it will be 6 months this Friday.

Ah, the eternal question. Those who know, won’t say, and those who say, don’t know.

I say that those official timelines like “103 days” have no relation to any timeline experienced by an applicant.

Hang in there. Things seem to be going faster these days, no more waiting two years for a secret clearance.

WAIT— just noticed you said this was for State. Had a couple people here report very long timelines for State clearances. May have to hang on some more.

2 Likes

You’re still early in the process. No news is good news.

True… true… when you say “early in the process”, what’s late then?

Thanks, I had a feeling that would be the answer. Right now I am working a job I am not too fond of so it makes it all the harder when you’d rather be doing the one thing you have to wait for!

Bright side is that I am working.

Yes that helps a lot. And dont automatically turn down any interesting offers that may arise while you’re waiting for a clearance.

18 to 24 months in process and you are “due any month now”. Beyond that…I’d say late in the process.

1 Like

Year and a half to two years to get a word of where you might stand?

Is this worth it then? Especially if there is a “abandon hope, all ye who enter here!” Sign at the front door…

Knew it was going to take awhile, but 2 years?