Be honest... someone forgot about me, right?...lol

@AWoodhull, what would you make of my situation? I’d assume… I’m in the wait and see camp?

@Trey3 … You have asked this question hundreds of times on every post and get the same advice every time. I know this process can be stressful, but I recommend you unplug, unwind, and let things come to you. Only thing you’re doing by coming on here for advice every day is stressing yourself out. This is coming from my own personal experience haha. It’ll happen in its own time and no amount of stress on your part will make it go quicker.

2 Likes

Before I retired from the military I watched a town hall that was for transitioning military who want to continue work in the IC. The SSO rep in the brief stated that this particular agency could not piggyback onto the ongoing investigation and that they would have to wait until it is completed or discontinued to begin. She said that legally they can’t do it. For what its worth…

1 Like

@12345… honestly, I’m not stressed. (I have a current position that handles that for me enough…lol)… at this point, I’m here to shoot the :poop:.

I think I’m good at reading a room so to speak… backs out of room slowly

1 Like

@Trey3, I would suggest you to go over to FedSoup for this as there are others in similar boat. I am not sure what to make of your situation as I am not sure of the job series.

Nonetheless, I would wait until you hear back from your congressional representative… by the way, you should contact ALL of your congressional representatives. if you havent done so. AND you should pester your representatives on regular basis (ie: weekly… bi-weekly… etc.). After a month or two, you should show up to your representatives’ offices… it worked for a few people that I know.

2 Likes

@AWoodhull,
The job series is in security/investigation.

That’s all sound advice. I’ve decided that I’m going to start digging my heels in at the start of September.

1 Like

I would think your series probably is not in high demand, but I could be wrong. However, I do know that an agency or two are in desperate need for people of certain skills in your series as there are severe shortage.

Anyway, I would suggest you to press on with your congressional representatives. Since Congress will be in recess for summer, you might want to stop by your representatives offices and might have good chance of running into them. Make those representatives WORK for you not the other way around.

2 Likes

@AWoodhull, what you state could be the case. I will say this, at the risk of not saying too much; when I interviewed it was stated to me that certain classes (training) are hard to come by for my position. If that makes sense?

1 Like

I’m at 533 for DoD TS/SCI

@bejo_9… is that calendar or business?

Business, sadly. Submitted two years ago. Subject interview was January 2019. Still in investigation.

1 Like

@bejo_9… I have to ask. Is this for the Agency in MD?

Nope. Are they behind also?

1 Like

@bejo_9… oh ok.

In business days, I’m only at 352. Submission of SF-86 last March — no subject interview yet. Some people here for that Agency are moving a tad bit quicker, but not by much. Just along for the ride…lol.

@Selene… that makes sense as well I guess. So, essentially there’s NO way of knowing — unless you know.

Oh and welcome!

1 Like

@Selene, this is a reasonable assumption. I will respond based on the assumption that it is a federal position. Anyway, it is the position that drives the process. Usually, those who are trying to fill mission-critical positions will be “expedited” through the security clearance process and those Senior Executive Service (SES) folks make those determinations not hiring managers. This means that those who are trying to fill those positions will likely be assigned to investigator(s) quickly. However, they do not influence the speed of the investigation or adjudication (with exception of political apointees and such). This is one part, then you have human resources part… thats another story.

In short, hiring managers have almost zero influence on getting an applicant through the process quicker or faster.

1 Like

@AWoodhull…, how would an applicant know if their position is mission critical?

While agencies generally do not explicitly say so, they usually usually annotated that in the job announcements through various different hiring authorities granted by either Office of Personnel Management (OPM) or Congress. Just like with any positions, the applicants should do market research about the position (series) prior to interview. Through market research, you will get a pulse of the position/industry. Also, they can and should ask interview member(s) that question (even after the interview).

1 Like

@AWoodhull… ok. That’s a question I definitely didn’t ask. :man_facepalming:t5:

Wouldn’t all IC direct hire positions be mission critical? Seems to me like having a fully staffed and skilled IC is good for all Americans, hence why I fail to understand

1 Like