Contract rebid Summer 2022?

Ive been on the contract for years and my PTO hasnt changed :upside_down_face: (other than when I changed contractors but it was less than a year at the first one)

My prediction:

CACI won’t lose the contract. Neither will Paragon. Neither will Peraton.

Well, DCSA has come out with the info they are going to 2 entities. So everyone has a 33%ish chance of being on the out company.

For those who are in the company who loses the contract; how easy/hard do you expect it to be to join one of the other 2 when it’s announced?

If there is an opening in your area should be easy.

It costs almost nothing to bring a fully trained employee onboard vs training a new one.

1 Like

I know, I’m entirely out of the loop, and just trying to be contrarian.

But for some reason I recall way back when there was a similar impending axe about to fall and it turned out in the end to only be some rejiggering.

These companies, especially the big diversified government contractors who also do IT and defense work, have on their boards muckety-mucks whose sole purpose is to keep the government moola spigot on. They are the reason it’s hard for outside businesses to get in the game but even harder for companies in the game to really be kicked out if they don’t want to leave.

1 Like

Every time there is a contract rebid the same rumors float around the industry. I would update my resume, and go on linkin and friend some recruiters for each of the companies.

If (big if) the company you are working for loses the contract, within a hour of being told that your company has lost the contract I would apply to the companies who were awarded.

I would go on linkin and send my resume to the recruiters I had friended. I would go on indeed and look for Job listings from the companies that were awarded. I would apply to whatever one was closest to me. For example if I lived in Denver, and they did not have a Denver listing but they had one in Fort Collins then I would apply to the Fort Collins. I would then keep checking back to see if they have Denver job listings.

I would then go apply for unemployment, and do some soul-searching. Do you really want to stay in this industry as a contractor or a 1099? If your company loses the contract it may be a blessing in disguise.

2 Likes

They will be creating positions in every area if one of the three big competitors goes away… They will want to steal every employee they can.

1 Like

Every company’s management is going to say that they’re confident they’ll win. Not much use musing over what each company individually says.

That being said, i’ve worked at all 3 companies over the past few years and BY FAR employees at Peraton/perspecta are the least happy and treated the worst. Everyone on my team hated the company and they had a hard time hiring new people because they paid so little. They’ve lost A LOT of people recently which does not look good for numbers.

That being said, CACI has hired a lot and Securitas has been pretty level. If i had to bet i would bet on Peraton or Securitas getting dropped.

But i also wouldn’t be surprised if Peraton gets it simply due to submitting an absurdly low bid since that company is known to penny-pinch employees everywhere they can.

Peraton’s pay scale just changed. Level 1 starts at 50k and I just got a significant pay bump as a level 6.

4 Likes

What does a Level 6 now make at Peraton?

I heard Peraton’s Contractors just got a rate increase too. Anyone know how much?

I think around 85k starting and bonus on top. Maybe someone can verify?

Yeah it’s a little over 85k now

I bet Peraton is getting flooded with applications since the increase.

About time they (any of the contractors) pay better, but sooo much stress for that money .

3 Likes

Just be a part of all 3 of the proposals to guarantee your spot. Even if that means having to sign contingent offer letters.

1 Like

Heard it is a 25% increase -

1 Like

Back to the rebid hysteria - CACs latest strategy to just focus on cases where they can get paid this month (and make their bid look better 'cuz they closed cases) borders on fraud. Someone should be looking in to their conduct on a national level (shades of USIS).

2 Likes

Peraton pay raises are from 10 -40 percent and were announced in anticipation of the contract win. There is also some new unclear rejiggering of the SCA wages, it appears they are going to put it into your 401K?