Disposable Rant (Nicely) Room

Scotty, really? I’m pretty sure we all know what we do and don’t need a 4 year old video to show it! :slight_smile:

That’s like me tossing out:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMNq51alOoM

Speaking of which, CACI is holding on spot hiring across the country. See link:http://www.caci.com/job/OPMOpenhouse0911.shtml

@ninjaturtle

Here’s actual video taken from a day in the life of a background investigator.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6RJm2OxEl8k

Great blog! I have been following for 1 week now. I received below Transcript from a coworker of a coworker type thing. Interesting. It’s [actual] Transcript from EthicsPoint.com. USIS used EthicsPoint for complaints involving dishonest conduct, etc. So glad I no longer affiliated with USIS. Makes me wonder how often stuff like this happened at USIS but was unreported.

Report Details
Report Submission Date
12/18/2013

Reported Company/Branch Information
City/State/Zip: United States

Please identify the person(s) engaged in this behavior:

[PII - deleted by admin] - Regional Director

Do you suspect or know that a supervisor or management is involved?

Yes

If yes, then who?

[PII - deleted by admin]

Is management aware of this problem?

Yes

What is the general nature of this matter?

Discriminatory Comments and Unethical Behavior

Where did this incident or violation occur?

IHop restaurant, Northern New Mexico
Albuquerque New Mexico, 87101

Please provide the specific or approximate time this incident occurred:

About three weeks ago, 9:00 am

How long do you think this problem has been going on?

Once

How did you become aware of this violation?

I heard it

Details
The Caller said [PII - deleted by admin] was asked at a team meeting about pay raises. [PII - deleted by admin] replied with, "I have a problem giving pay raises to most of you in this room because I can bring in two or three people and pay what one of you make.” The Caller said this comment was made in front of 23 people.

The Caller said most of the people in the meeting were older and had been with the company for decades or more and feels they have worked for their pay. The Caller said [PII - deleted by admin] does not make those decisions but personnel does. The Caller said [PII - deleted by admin] is second level to the vice president of field operations ( [PII - deleted by admin]), and it would be career suicide to go above [PII - deleted by admin].

The Caller said an employee will be contacting [PII - deleted by admin], HR manager for the state of New Mexico.

The Caller said [PII - deleted by admin], Team Leader, was standing next to [PII - deleted by admin] when he made the statement.

Follow-Up Notes

4/8/2014 5:17 PM

Do I have permission to submit this complaint to OPM-OIG? I have the e/mail address?

4/23/2014 5:14 AM

Quite a misfortune that you seem to endorse a Regional Director encouraging subordinate employees to falsify timesheets. There were a roomful of witnesses to this statement as you are aware. I find it equally surprising OPM has allowed this and retained [PII - deleted by admin] on the OPM contract.

Follow-Up Questions/Comments

12/19/2013 6:56 AM posted by Organization

We have received your report and it has been assigned for review. Please do not hesitate to ask questions or provide additional information through EthicsPoint or by contacting [PII - deleted by admin], Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer. You may also contact [PII - deleted by admin], Chief Counsel, Labor & Employment. Please check back periodically through this system to see if we have any questions for you.

12/25/2013 8:14 PM posted by Reporter

During this same meeting at IHOP, November 13, 2013, [PII - deleted by admin] was asked to what we charge on bi-weekly timesheet (SAP) hours spent on computer issues unrelated to cases. (Recently, many FI’s nationwide have been experiencing computer issues with minimal resolution.) [PII - deleted by admin] informed everyone to charge such time to OPM cases that are assigned to us. Uncomfortable, we consulted other investigators on the East coast, and they were informed by their USIS management this bordered on timesheet fraud. Recently, several NM investigators contacted OPM with this disparity in advice. All people at the IHOP meeting heard this advice, including [PII - deleted by admin] , Team Leader, who was in agreement with [PII - deleted by admin] .

At a minimum, please inform [PII - deleted by admin] & [PII - deleted by admin] that any information they publicly issue in the future that borders on integrity/ethics will be promptly reported to OPM. Remind them all employees are obligated to report such conduct, mandated by Altegrity’s Code of Conduct & Business Ethics.

4/9/2014 8:41 AM posted by Organization

Thank you for reaching back for follow-up. We received the report when you submitted it, as well as your follow-up information. Based on the information, we were able to open and conduct a thorough investigation of the concerns that were reported. We individually interviewed 24 of the attendees at the meeting, in order to get their input on what occurred, and based on the information that we gathered through that process, we took appropriate follow-up action. These matters are internal to USIS. If you have further questions, please reach back to me through EthicsPoint.

4/10/2014 7:55 AM posted by Reporter

“…appropriate follow-up action.” Like what, additional training? This man needed to be terminated, no questions asked, promptly. This [process] is obviously not taken seriously when it applies to management.

4/10/2014 12:17 PM posted by Organization

USIS treats all Helpline reports with the utmost seriousness and fully investigates any information that is provided. As I am sure you can appreciate, the scope and nature of investigation necessarily relates to the specifics of the information received. The same approach is utilized for all USIS personnel - regardless of whether or not the allegations relate to members of management. In the process of investigation, the Company and the resources it utilizes (sometimes external counsel) are diligent and work to gather information from a variety of sources – including the person who reported the concern, others who may have been present, the subject of the allegation (assuming there is one) and any relevant documentary records. In order to protect and ensure the ongoing integrity of the process, we do not generally make public the specifics of any corrective or disciplinary action that might have been taken, and we do not disclose or name specific individuals, as appropriate. You should know, however, that your report was acted upon and more than 20 individuals were interviewed in the fact gathering process.

So…I have offers from CACI and KGS. Both are lower (essentially with H&W) than I made at USIS. CACI is 2k lower than KGS…BUT…I get more leave with CACI because of my previous time on the contract with USIS. Anybody have any advice? Any advice is much appreciated!

As an employer who is in full compliance with the Department of Labor’s Wage Determination compensation requirements on the OPM contract CACI wishes to offer the following points of clarification.

Your hourly labor and H&W wages show up as two separate lines on your wage and earning statement. Your H&W rate is currently $3.81 an hour and is set to increase to $4.02 on October 1, 2014.

Your health and welfare rate is applied to offset the cost of certain benefits or can be accepted as cash in lieu of benefits. H&W is reduced by the “employer’s cost” to provide the following benefits:

1. Company Paid or CORE benefits (includes: Basic Life, AD&D, STD and LTD)
  2. Medical
  3. Dental

If there is excess H&W (after the “employer’s cost” has been deducted), then it is paid out in the employee’s paycheck as cash.

Want to learn more about our immediate openings on the OPM contract? CACI’s door is open next week at twelve locations across the country and we’d love to meet you in person. Offers are being extended on the spot for qualified candidates. Click here for more information: http://www.caci.com/job/OPMopenhouse0911.shtml.

@overit

with CACI I was offered tenure and given 15 days or 3 weeks vacation with the possibility of getting a 4th week at the 15 year service mark.

With keypoint im given 2 weeks vacation, 6 sick days and 4 floating holidays, essentially 4 weeks of leave. Also you earn a day of vacation for every year your there so after 5 years you would earn another week.

Caci is is a great company, but I felt overall the benefits were better with KP and the salary offer was better.

Deedisdone81…

Good points! The thing that is drawing me AWAY from KGS…even with less money being offered…is the instant demotions for not meeting expectations. 97% quality consistently is impossible. I don’t care you who are. The work isn’t consistent therefore, my numbers can’t always be consistent. The threat of that without warning is just too scary for me.

BUT…Caci is asking for 6 WTPD and offering me less money that I was making at USIS. Does anyone know what the weight IS of the testimonies? I heard KGS Esi’s are 3.5. These are all questions I would have asked if they weren’t so rushed on the phone!

I believe all CACI ESI’s but Spins are 3.5 and Spins are 4.5. I think everything else is the same…

Now I understand how it is possible for the contractors to expect 6 WTPD out of you all. SPINs and ESIs only count for 2 at FIS.

What are the fed expectations? I also heard rumors that they were much less but I never knew the actual metrics…

During a CACI conference call I was told that the weight to each testimony is as follows: SPIN 4.5, reg ESI 3.5, source 1, record .5, nothing for telephone interviews.

Feds TPD have no impact on their annual evaluations. Although the SACs still track the metric to make sure that the agents are staying productive, it is not a critical element for evals. Instead, a larger emphasis is placed on the quality rating, % of ACDs met and overall professionalism. The SACs have a lot of say in the final rating given. It was recognized a long time ago that TPD and MOC are misleading and unreliable stats to compare agent with because of the innate differences in the different geographic areas. Basically, how can you hold an agent in Crystal City, VA to the same standards that you would an agent working rural Kansas. Unfortunately, the contractors will never go in that direction.

I Have not heard anything about 97% quality or anything regarding timeliness. I’ve heard the metrics at CACI will be 4.5 spin and 3.5 esi. At Keypoint esi/spin is 3.5 and expectations for s level 6 is 5.27 and level 5 is 4.95. CACI did expect 6 WTpd for a level 3. I averaged on multiple contracts quality around the low to mid 90s, timeliness at 99.7% and WTpd at 5.74. I would definitely like to get my quality in the high 90s so that’s my goal with KP. I don’t know what the future holds but Keypoint seemed better for me.

It seems we have a new band playing the same song about numbers. This is what got us in this mess in the 1st place, trying to make stats. I understand they are part of the contractual agreement and why the Feds have their own standard. I just hope these companies learn from USIS’s mistakes and not become so numbers driven and maybe take the time for some development. Both, and from what I’ve seen on this blog, and others to come have a great opportunity from this situation. Good Luck everyone!

@Kevin-CACI: welcome to “da club”.

Folks, you’ve got to make the best decision for you and your particular situation. At the end of the day, isn’t it great to think that we were ALL HERE wondering what we were going to do just last week and now we all pretty much either have offers on the table or have chosen to go elsewhere? Amazing how things work sometimes. I’ve done my homework on all three contracts, yes, folks forget Omniplex is still a player in the game. I’ve chosen CACI though less money on the table and upfront, they appealed to me due to their “employee first” attitude. The money I miss out from not getting the $4,000 bonus with Keypoint ($1,500 up front and the rest a year later) i’ll make up with CACI’s quarterly bonuses they pay out or with making my way up the chain through the different levels of being an FI.

One of Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Company”, there’s a reason for that. I’ve spoken with folks inside both company’s and while I understand Keypoint’s new CEO Eric Hess may change things around, I’ve talked to folks who previously worked there and did not like the atmosphere. I’ve spoken with one CACI employee who has been on for 7 years and she advised that she “has loved it”. There is more to life than money. Many of you are finding out you may not get that big paycheck that you were getting with USIS. I learned that some of my co-workers had inflated salaries anyway. I knew some Associate FI’s who were outperforming some of the Senior FI’s because we talked about it with each other during social events.

I’ve heard of the demotions factor at Keypoint and would hate to be part of something like that. CACI is asking for WTPD so they know what to bring you in as. If you come in Level 3 and expected to hit 6.0 WTPD, you won’t be demoted, they’ll just work on performance.

CACI’s benefits package is on point. I received their Non Exempt Service Contract Act (SCA) Employee’s form and it’s 6 pages long! They have everything you could think of to include 401K and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. That’s right my friends, you can own part of the company you are working for so you are personally vetted in the company! Tuition Reimbursement is mind numbing. Their program reimburses you up to 12% of your base salary or $12,000 per fiscal year! USIS was only doing $4,500. Get to work in an office? They have Business Casual Dress Day! :slight_smile: I don’t need their Pet Insurance or Pet Care Savings Program but when I read that, I thought, “is this Google or something?”

So, with that said, get ADDITIONAL DETAILS than “oh, company X is going to pay me $10,000 more” or “company Y doesn’t have GE Fleet program” etc. I have officially accepted an offer with CACI and I did leave money on the table with the other company but I am at complete peace with my decision. Yes, you may be driving a BMW while i’m driving a VW but i’ll have the top down on mine having fun while driving! :slight_smile:

Congrats @ ninjaturtle , no one can predict the future, but I’m sure we all are happy having a job

I have to say something. I have heard a couple times people stating that they did more and not getting paid what others are and it wasn’t fair! You have to be joking!!
If you weren’t getting paid what others were and either A) had been there longer B) completed more work and/or had better “Stats” or quality and C) blame managers or the company for refusing to give you more money-- then (and forgive me for saying) it was your fault!!!I say that because you weren’t valuing the services you provided or yourself!! You have no one to blame for the lack of compensation other than you!
You either did not know how to negotiate your worth and waited for others to do it for you, didn’t take advantage with negotiating offers from other vendors to your existing employer or just thought you were entitled to receive a raise (I love that one). Lol
People don’t kid yourselves because this field just got a lot worse and negotiating anything damn near nonexistent!! You have one company that states it’s such a great employee focused company and another growing so fast that it is changing management like underwear!!
The bottom line is if you don’t want to be a Contractor and feel comfortable enough in your ability with completing the amount of work without comprimising quality and timeliness (Yes you will have to actually work hard and long) to sustain a certain lifestyle then you WILL be worked like you never have been worked before!!!
There is going to be such a backlog in work now that despite how “Sweet” and “Caring” or “Understanding” the new employer is and what ever the H&W is (really tired of reading that one), if the COMPANY isn’t making more and more money you WILL be “Spoken” to!!! Unless you are a federal employee then don’t expect anything other than the expectation of what the employer has for you to take more, do more and be better from the point you are hired to the point you are gone! The companies are not here to be your friend! They are there to deliver a quality and time sensitive product to make money! They aren’t doing this for fun!! The are doing it for 3 BILLION DOLLARS! If that is too much for you then you NEED to be a federal employee.
As stated in earlier posts Feds aren’t measured by stats but you will be with the company. Just sayin! No one will stick up for you and how much you should be paid other than you and if you can’t do that… Enjoy the VW!! FYI you shouldn’t drive a convertible in this profession because the PII might fly out!! :wink: Have fun!! Baaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

I know there are alot of questions regarding the various contracts. I would like to invite each of you to attend our CACI virtual career fair tomorrow:

*** SUNDAY 12pm-2pm EDT ***
CACI Careers Virtual Open Houses Sunday, Sept. 14, 2014 12pm – 2pm EDT Sunday Dial-In Information 1. Click http://lnkd.in/d-5Cw8a 2. Dial 646-749-3122; Access Code: 671-986-063 This is your opportunity to meet with CACI Managers and Recruiters to discuss our exciting opportunities. For more information about our positions, visit http://lnkd.in/dh8rn2V.

In addition, for those in the Boyers, PA area, I will be available to answer any questions in person tomorrow night and Monday.

*** SUNDAY 5pm-8pm & MONDAY 10am-6pm EDT ***
OPM CREDENTIALED INVESTIGATOR JOB FAIR! Legacy Banquet Center, 1946 Mercer-Grove City Rd, Mercer, PA Sunday, September 14th 5pm-8pm. Monday, September 15th 10am-6pm.

I hope to have the opportunity to meet you all and answer any questions you may have.

Where did everyone go?

Not sure if anyone is having the same problem I am accessing this thread, can’t get into it in Explorer (won’t stay logged in), have to use Firefox.

Still hoping the powers that be here change this ridiculous format.