Public trust clearance timeline

I also just got called to complete an in person interview for a PT position …

It is probably on par for the course.

Ok cool, so the agent who called me thought I lived in Maryland / DC but I live elsewhere so he said he was gonna mail me something in regards to getting the interview scheduled? What should I expect? Thanks!

I don’t know about mail - you should be contacted by a local investigator when you reach the assignment pile. This is one of the hazards when the improper locations are listed on the security questionnaire.

Yeah, I live in NoVa and had to meet the investigator in DC due to space, and they moved me to another investigator.

Hmmm… maybe I’ll call that investigator back and see if they’d be cool with me making the drive up to Maryland. I don’t mind and rather get it over with sooner rather than later.

Once the case is reassigned to the new local area - they probably won’t take it back. The DC-NVA-MD metro area is tightly zoned - through it never hurts to try and make the call.

Just an update, there was a super fast turn around and they were able to get me a local interview with godspeed lol.

Interview seemed to go ok, they mentioned during the investigation they found a voluntary dismissal of an expired registration/tag [traffic violation] that I COMPLETELY forgot about… plus if my reading was correct it didn’t need to be mentioned… ironically… I included a speeding ticket on my forms that they said I didn’t need to because it was under the amount LOL (it was over the amount when I added some additional fee but they they said wasn’t necessary because it was not part of the actual fine).

Also… surprisingly, they asked about foreign contacts as I travelled since submitting the equip last year. I mentioned a friend I’ve known for a few years and speak to pretty regularly. I’m surprised in that it wasn’t a question on the sf85p… but hey… rather get it out and revealed sooner than later!! Honesty is the best policy as they say.

Something I forgot to note, in regards to the agent asking about my foreign contact, when they asked about the contacts last name, they had an ever so slight smirk as they were jotting it down. I’m usually good with body language but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

Anyways… hopefully I can continue climbing and that my government trusts that I love my country and want to continue serving. Wish me luck!! All feedback is welcome!

Bumping for opinions

It totally depends on the job you’re trying to get. Some come back within a couple of weeks. There are several government contractor positions that have connections within the Federal Government to have the eQIP applicants expected. And these are for armed protection jobs within Federal offices that are getting a Secret Clearance. Totally depends on who and what job your involved with.

I’ve seen it come back in as little as two weeks. But the ones in speaking of are fit Federal Security contractors who are working on certain contracts. Some of these contract companies have connections with people in Denver who they work with daily to expedite their applicants because the positions need filled asap. I see so many people saying so many different things here but it all depends on the job you’re going for.

True. I submitted mine 2/2/2019 and while I’m still waiting, I do know my current employer received a letter 7 days ago.

Hi,
I have completed my e-Quip and Fingerprint on 12/2018 for Public Trust But I haven’t heard anything yet. Does anyone has answer what could be reason for taking so much time? Also haven’t get the EOD yet.

There is such a backlog that you probably will not hear anything till next September. I am working for the Treasury Department and Re investigations are taking at least 12-15 months. Initial investigations are running around the same time. I have one client that submitted EQUIP May 2018 and just had her first interview with an investigator this week March 2019. So you probably will not hear anything until July or August at the earliest.

But as per I know I should get EOD within 1 months after I submit my fingerprint. This investigation for CBP. I had investigation 18 months back and it didn’t complete because I left the position, at that time I got EOD within a month.

I had a moderate-risk PT reinvestigation close with favourable adjudication in about 4 months. The key is to read the directions on the form carefully. I must have reviewed my background check form like 5 times before submitting.

I’m currently processing for a job with the OCC (Dept. of Treasury) and I have to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per my appointment letter with a start date of June 9th 19’ but it also states that I won’t fill out my eQIP and such until May sometime. When I was in college I sold a little weed to some friends and I’m sure this will result in a negative for the clearance. Anyone have any insight on why they start the process in May if I have a start date in June?

1 Like

You will likely have to fill out the of306 and other things for getting your piv card and such, so you can access systems. Look up of306 online. You will likely have to fill out the sf85p and supplemental questionaire as well. You can review all of those, and you will see what you have to complete. Only a subject interview if there are things that pop up from completing the forms. There are different public trust levels…so you MAY have to complete sf86.

1 Like

you probably did not have anything that would trigger an interview. Here at Treasury they are taking at least a year or more.

Hello,

I applied get my first pre screened background on 01/24/19.
Got my-equip 01/28/19
Submitted my documents on Feb 12/19
Finger prints submitted 01/30/19
All documents submitted 02/12/19
I am now waiting for my background to finish can someone help and tell me when that will be done? Thank You