Timeline 2024 Thread

At this point, I’ve been advised to put in a CI if there’s still no decision in May (when I hit 13 months). A BI collected all my therapy records over two months ago.

My entire 2017 SF-86 went out of scope this month and is still being used to make a decision. :frowning: with 17 years of my history to look at I’m sure it’s going to take forever still.

TS/SCI w FSP for govt contractor

• 5/2023 - Submitted paperwork may last year.

• 9/2023 - BI investigation opened and finished.

• 1/2024 - psych eval and 2 polys.
    Was told i didn’t “pass or fail the poly”.

• 3/2024 - HR reached out with start date stating my investigation is completed. Im assuming that means I was favorably adjudicated.

1 Like

I have officially been cleared as of 3/29/2024

5 Likes

TS/SCI + Poly(Type?) for DIA

Early April 2023: Interview & CJO extended and accepted (contingent on receipt of my BA degree post graduation).

May 2023: BA degree and final transcripts sent and received by HR. I was supposed to receive a phone call within 30 days to schedule necessary tests and never did so I spent the entire month of May trying to get a response from the HR contact.

Early June 2023: HR notifies me there was a glitch and my info needed resent for security to initiate processing.
Middle-Late June 2023: SF86 EQUIP submitted

July 2023: Polygraph

September 2023: BI Interview
October 2023: Case closed and entered Adjudication
January 2024: Successfully adjudicated and granted TS/SCI. Submitted update resume to HR to be placed in the cleared hiring pool and will be notified with a position.

I think I had a CI poly but I do not know for sure and can’t get an answer. The poly is also not showing up in DISS for some reason when contractors look for my clearance info. Is this standard for DIA to not put poly info in? I do not want it to appear as though I am lying because I did have and pass the DIA poly.

It is now four months post clearance and I have not heard from HR with an agency position and am having trouble getting a contract position due to the confusion with the poly. Some places want me to have 5+ years of experience as well.

Good morning
already have a current Secret (NACLC) in continuous vettings as of 08 2020. new position requires an upgrade.

Top Secret/SCI for the DoD
SF86 started 09/21/2023
only given a week
moved to Investigation 10/01/2023

no interviews/ phone calls yet, I can see on my HR profile the SSBI is still open.

Still waiting as of April 1st, 2024. No word from anyone. I have surpassed the average 90% case time, despite my only red flag being anxiety. Ready for this process to be over haha.

1 Like

Hey, same boat. 365 days on Wednesday.

1 Like

Glad I’m not alone :rofl: This is brutal…

1 Like

I’ll raise you, mine is for secret :,)

1 Like

TS/SCI

Direct Hire (DHS)

3/17/2023-> Applied

4/20/2023-> Notice of results (Tentatively Eligible)

5/3/2023–> Invited to Virtual Hiring Event for 5/9/2023

5/8/2023-> Call from hiring manager to interview directly instead of attending event

5/9/2023-> Interview with 3 managers

5/11/2023-> TJO received + started onboarding paperwork

5/12/2023-> Email received from hiring manager (Congrats email)

5/16/2023-> Call to complete drug test / completed same day

5/17/2023-> Email to complete E-QIP received (no code received after error on their end)

5/19/2023-> Fingerprints Completed

5/23/2023-> Repeat drug test

5/26/2023-> EQIP Submitted

6/8/2023 → Credit Soft Pull

6/26/2023-> Asked to complete Illegal Drugs form PDF

9/7/2023-> Call from investigator to meet up face to face

9/11/2023 → Meeting with investigator #1

9/14/2023 → Meeting with investigator #2

9/25/2023-> References contacted

3/14/2024 → email received from “Special Actions” to complete more forms about Foreign affections / foreign associations / recent travel

3/18/2024 → email received to complete “agreement” about not using my dual citizenship at all

4/15/2024 → TS/SCI granted!!!

Public trust BI
Job interview-8/23/2023
TJO-10/12/2023
Eqip SF85p submitted-11/7/2023
Eqip completion email-12/13/2023
Interview with DCSA agent-1/4/2024

No updates provided.

Still nothing since september here. Hoping no news is good news.

3 Likes

Also still waiting. My case has been sitting idle since the reopened investigation closed in early Feb. Not back in adjudication yet. Original investigation completed Sept 2023 as well.

1 Like

After one year, I have been denied. Absolutely miserable. Good luck and godspeed to all. Peace.

5 Likes

This is my timeline for a TSC/SCI and CI polygraph with the DIA

April 2023- Interview and CJO

May 2023-Submitted SF-86. Passed CI polygraph.

July 2023-Investigation started.

August 2023- Interview with investigator.

September 2023- References contacted. File was sent to adjudication.

April 2024- Was notified my clearance was successfully adjudicated. Got placed in a cleared hiring pool.

Been in the hiring pool for a few weeks now and I still haven’t gotten a FJO. Torn between waiting for an offer or using my clearance to get a job in the private sector. Good luck to everyone that’s still waiting.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry!! Was it suitability?

1 Like

Hey Hypersonic, sorry to hear bout this. Are you planning on an apeal? Did they give you specific reasons for the denial in the SOR (Statement Of Reasons).

Good luck either way

1 Like

Current timeline for TS/SCI and Poly with the NSA

Jan 11 2024 - Applied to position
Feb 15 2024 - Interviewed
Apr 12 2024 - CJO and SF-86 submitted
Apr 24 2024 - Investigation started

Patience is not my best skill, but the long wait begins now I suppose. Getting mixed signals from just this thread alone on how long it’ll take.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry too much. My timeline sucks because I had mental health happenings as a kid. They only have a handful of adjudicators for guideline I cases, and mine probably is a lot less serious than some others that come through. I bet it’s in the pile parallel to the guy that used one gummy 6 years ago and had nothing else (those are wildly slow too sometimes).

What Career Field? If it is a high demand field you may be in luck and not wait long. I also interviewed and had my CJO in April 2023 for DIA with the same clearance level. I was placed in the cleared hiring pool in January and I’m still waiting for a position. My timeline is a little further up if you want to read it.