Investigation and Adjudication Process

Hi Zippy,
Congrats on completing the training! I saw earlier you mentioned that there’s a call from 9-12 and then another one around 3 (at least for your training). Did the call around 3 also last three hours as well?

1 Like

@Pandaschmanda1, Finally got my invite for the PIV yesterday.
Now have to figure a good time to get there.

NBIB has an office in town. Naval bases within 5 miles. FBI District office 45 miles.
Closest office for PIV? Hour plus away. Oh, and they are only open 9:30-12:30, one day a week.
:confused:

If they wait two weeks after I get the PIV, I may be in the same class with you!

@BobsBigBoy That’s awesome! I really lucked out, I only had to drive about 20 minutes to get to the FBI Building near me.

And that would be awesome, you’ll definitely have to keep us all in the loop! :slight_smile:

@BobsBigBoy
Hi so I reached out to the security team and everything is cleared on their end. They do not understand why I have yet to receive a start date though. So I reached out to my recruiter and he stated that there is a backlog on the start dates for the trainings at this time . He also stated that I should be receiving my phone call with my start date within 45 days . Hopefully I will receive my call for my start day within the next week.

1 Like

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you. The afternoon call was normally a check in call to make sure people weren’t goofing or if people had questions or concerns. There was one day where we went till about 5 PM but it was all content.

1 Like

No worries, thank you so much!

@Ham28
That delay is disconcerting.
Had to take a day off work to go to my PIV appointment yesterday, only to find out that it was photo and fingerprints only (which we have already submitted).
Card will “be mailed to an office for you to pick up in a few weeks”, so I will probably have to take a 2nd day off to pick it up. SMH :confused:

Is everyone else having to make two trips for PIV too?

update on my investigation/adjudication timeline:

End of November: Accepted position as a BI with CSRA
End of December: Investigation started and I met up with my investigator
Mid February: Met up with a different investigator
Mid March: Investigation Closed
Mid March: Adjudicator reached out for additional information
End of March: A new investigation started and is pending

I don’t understand why they would start a new investigation instead of reopening the old one…

Why would they start a new investigation if you are already in adjudication? Doesn’t make any sense. How did you know that your investigation has been started again?

There’s probably little difference between opening a new investigation and reopening an old one. The new investigation is still going to have access to the previous work.

Most likely, the adjudicator wants more information than was provided by the first investigation. Not information from the applicant but information fleshed out by an investigator.

Look at is this way . . . They didn’t deny your clearance.

I assumed that they were little differences, but after talking to the person at OPM/NBIB, he mentioned that the two are TOTALLY different. I don’t really know in what way and I tried asking, but he just told me that they are completely different in the system.

Yeah that is truee

I received an email stating that my e-qip documents have been received and accepted in security and how OPM has scheduled a background investigation based on the information. I was confused about this email, so I called OPM/NBIB at their FOIA and asked for the status of my investigation. They told me that a new investigation opened up and is pending.

Good news! I received interim determination today!

3 Likes

@Pandaschmanda1
Just called, start date 5/18 with GDIT

1 Like

@BobsBigBoy Awesome! :slight_smile: Congrats! My investigation is still going on. I did call my investigator and asked if he thought everything would be done by May 18th and he said he believes it should be, but obviously could not say for certain so fingers crossed!

1 Like

Yay! :slight_smile: That’s awesome! Congratulations!!!

Congrats !!! Hopefully I’ll be in th same boat at you soon. I still haven’t heard anything yet but keeping my fingers crossed!

1 Like

Hi @BobsBigBoy & @ausp -long time no chat! Got an email from CSRA today:

“Please be advised that as of 4/23/2018, per NBIB (OPM), you have received a Favorable Determination to work on the NBIB Contract based on a T5 that closed on 04/01/2018.” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congrats! Still think it is weird the timelines don’t follow the same order.
See you in June!

Thank you! I think it’s weird as well, but yes see you in June! :slight_smile: